It’s time to start thinking about the 2018 WSSA scholarship program once again.
Applications must be received by February 1, 2018, to be considered.
There have been other minor changes to this year’s program, including club membership verification, so please make sure to read the instructions included with the 2018 application carefully.
Please submit all questions and completed forms to:
Shannon Glandt – email@example.com
The Wyoming State Snowmobile Association (WSSA) will again be offering scholarships to either graduating high school seniors or persons currently enrolled in college full time (12 semester credits), either physically or online. Scholarships will be given to the winners regardless of other grants or scholarships that the students may also receive.
Requirements are as follows:
- The applicant or immediate family must be an active paying member of a club in the WSSA. That club must confirm the applicant or immediate family is in fact active. A letter of approval with a signature from the club President is required.
- The applicant must submit the completed application form.
- The applicant must submit a cover letter.
- The applicant must submit a resume detailing his/her involvement in snowmobiling as well as extra-curricular activities.
- The applicant must submit an essay (essay subject located on the application form). The essay MUST follow the format below to be accepted:
- Minimum of 2 pages – typed.
- Font – Times New Roman.
- Font size – 12 point.
- Margins – set to 1 inch for all margins (top, bottom, left side, right side).
- Page numbers (if included) should be .5 inch from the top of the page (not within the 1” margin).
- A header (for example, the essay question) can be added 1 inch from the top of the 1st page, and then enter a double space and begin your essay.
- Do NOT include your name, OR the name of your club, school, town, business, etc…anywhere within the essay. For example you should use “my local club”, “my high school”, “my local riding area”, and “my home town”, instead of actual names.
(NOTE: This information will be included within your application/resume/cover letter where applicable, just not within the essay).
- Do NOT use bold-faced type or other special settings.
- If work is cited please add an additional ‘work-cited’ page at the end of the essay. This information will NOT be counted as part of the 2-page minimum.
- The applicable documents must be received by the WSSA Scholarship Chairman by February 1, 2018.
- Any entry that does not meet ALL of these requirements will be disqualified. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Students must use the scholarship within one year of receiving it.
- All scholarship checks will be written directly to the college and not to the student ~ no exceptions.
- The student ID#, college name and address to send the scholarship check to, needs to be provided to the WSSA Secretary by August 1st of the current year OR within 30 days of enrollment.
The 1st place winner of the WSSA scholarship will have their essay sent to the Western Chapter of Snowmobile Associations Inc. for a chance to win an additional $2,000 grant.